As the Internet continues to be an effective marketing tool, another medium, mobile, is being praised for its potential. Several car dealers have been employing mobile marketing as an auto lead generation technique. However, many car dealers are still in doubt of its capability. One of the best ways to answer this is looking at the figures from various related studies done recently.
- More than 80% of Americans own a cellphone.
- 91% of adults in the U.S. have their cellphones within their reach 24/7.
- 25% of Americans only use their cellphones to access the Internet.
- Brands using text messaging to reach customers connect with 95% of mobile users.
- People read most (about 90%) of their text messages within 3 minutes from the time they were sent.
- About 90% of mobile searches lead to action (and in a separate study, 70% lead to action within an hour) and more than half lead to purchase.
- Mobile ads perform better 4 to 5 times than online ads.
- More than 16 million mobile subscribers use location-based check-in and in a separate study, 95% of smartphone users look for local information.
- 81% have done product research via smartphone and 50% purchased.
- 33% of mobile subscribers prefer offers communicated via text messaging.
- In June 2011, the number of U.S. Mobile subscribers exceeded the U.S. Population.
In addition to the facts stated above, people bring their mobile phones with them anywhere they go and use it anytime of the day. It is one of the essentials they bring with them when they leave their houses. Moreover, the figures above show that mobile marketing is indeed an effective auto lead generation technique as a good number of mobile subscribers who received a mobile ad took action and some eventually became sales.
Mobile marketing comes in many forms. Text messaging or SMS is one and deemed to be cheaper than direct mails. It is also the simplest form as the message can be sent regardless of the type of phone the recipient owns. Another form is mobile websites which are mainly and more conveniently accessible through smartphones. Mobile applications are also exclusive for smartphones. Multimedia messaging or MMS is also another form that allows the advertiser to use other types of media to put his message across. Lastly, quick response or QR codes are two-dimensional bar codes that store information which can be read by a mobile device. QR codes can be found in billboards, business cards, print ads, direct mails, websites, emails, coupons, and the like.
Mobile marketing may be relatively new and is yet to be discovered further. However, competitors are moving and the prospects are where they are. Study how mobile marketing works and consider employing it as an auto lead generation technique for your dealership.Tags: Auto lead generation, auto leads, automotive lead generation, lead generation